Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I was at Mom and Dad's house today when Dad called, so Mom put the phone on speaker phone. I thought I would write about what Dad said, if I can remember it all. It may be scatter brained, so be warned!
He was telling us about his main man Saraj (the man that is taking him everywhere he goes), and body gaurds. He never understood how Saraj was able to get about the area being able to pass security checks without having to stop, and many other benefits. Layne was talking with Kathleen at the hospital, and she just said, I think I should tell you about Saraj..... so this is the story with him. He was high ranking in the Taliban right after the Soviet Union left afghanistan, shortly there after he was put in the United States embassy in the states. Then the Taliban got power hungry and turned into what they are known as today (bad). When he started seeing how corrupt they were becoming, he left the organization. However he still has ties with high ranking individuals in the Taliban. Now he is a warlord and has many "followers". On wednesday Layne had asked Saraj if it was ok to go to Jegdelek, (the village that was adopted with Halema) So Saraj got on the phone and a few min. later said that it was not ok to go up that way, who he talked with we don't know, but Layne suspects high ranked members of the Taliban.
Lots of miracles are happining with the land. Somehow someone brought up some land they own, I believe it was a body guard. It was beautiful, but had been owned by the Kings family, So it was arranged for Layne to go visit the King of Afghanistan's family, which will happen thursday morning. He has grown a beard, and says all of his gray hairs are showing through his face, not his head. He is visiting the hospital that halema's eye surgery took place, which will be a long drive. I can't think of what else was said, and I apologize for the horrible writing techniques I used in this post. Next time will be better, I was just in a rush.
Bryce Pace

No comments:

Post a Comment